Barcelona, Spain, June 4, 2020 / TRAVELINDEX / The most exclusive golf club in Barcelona reopened its doors on Monday, 25 May, after being closed for 10 weeks due to the coronavirus. Over 1700 rounds were played throughout last week. Golfers respected the safety measures implemented by the Club.
Real Club de Golf El Prat reopened its doors on Monday, 25 May, after being closed for 10 weeks due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Throughout last week, over 1700 rounds were played and golfers enjoyed the course, which was in perfect conditions thanks to the maintenance works that continued throughout the time the Club was closed.
The famous Spanish venue golf club has implemented over 70 safety measures in order to protect the health and wellbeing of its members, visitors and staff. This safety protocol has been set up to ensure social distancing and exhaustive cleaning and disinfection of its services (buggies, electric trolleys and clubs). Furthermore, the club has set up disinfection points around the course’s 36 holes, further improved the online booking system so players don’t have to pass through the reception and can go straight to the course, and has relocated pick-up and drop-off areas for its services, in order to avoid crowding, among many other measures.
Ariana Martín, director of Real Club de Golf El Prat, highlighted “the satisfaction of welcoming players again. The whole Club staff has worked very hard to ensure anyone who comes to the Club will be protected. Thanks to the security protocols designed to ensure social distancing, disinfection and cleaning of all materials, our members and visitors only have to worry about having fun on the golf course.”
About Real Club de Golf El Prat
• Dating back to 1912, Real Club de Golf El Prat is one of the most renowned clubs in Spain and was granted ‘Real’ or royal status, by King Alfonso XIII after his visit.
• The renowned club has hosted the Spanish Open on 10 occasions: 1956, 1959, 1963, 1971, 1978, 1981, 1998, 1999, 2011 and 2015.
• The current 45 holes were designed by Greg Norman over an exciting mix of five highly acclaimed loops: Abajo, Arriba, Piscina, Bosque and Valles. The Pink course – ranked the fourth best in Spain by Golf Digest magazine – comprises the Arriba and Bosque nines, while the Yellow Course is made up of Piscina and Abajo.
• Real Club de Golf El Prat has created stay-and-play packages to suit everyone. The onsite La Mola offers a complete Resort experience while each of the tree other hotels partners ensure visitors have the perfect base from which to experience its fabulous courses and the historic and cultural sights Barcelona and its surroundings has to offer.
• El Prat is listed 16th in Golf World magazine’s coveted ‘Top 100 Resorts in Continental Europe 2018’ rankings and 19th in National Club Golfer magazine’s ‘Top 100 Golf Resorts in Continental Europe 2018/19’.
• The multi-award-winning El Prat has been granted Spain’s Golden Plaque of the Royal Order of Sporting Merit.
• It has played host to more than 250 top-level national and international championships, including European Tour events, with top stars of the calibre of Sergio Garcia, Miguel Ángel Jiménez, José María Olazábal and Tommy Fleetwood taking part.
•The club has hosted some of the biggest names in golf, with Spanish legends Severiano Ballesteros and José Maria Olazábal, eight-time Major winner Tom Watson and European Ryder Cup captain Thomas Bjørn among its roll call of previous winners, while Masters champion Sergio Garcia and Pablo Larrazábal are both members.